Register for this event!
The Diocese of Birmingham Office of Discipleship and Mission is proud to announce, through a strategic partnership with the Fellowship Of Catholic University Students, and erxciting conference, April 14-15-2021!
Dr. Edward Sri will be with us for this two day, hybrid online and in-person, multi-location event.
ALL EVENTS REQUIRE REGISTRATION for in-person or online options. Links are available below. This is required in order to ensure there are proper space and safety provisions made. Please register as soon as possible.
There are three main sessions:
- Wednesday, 4/14/21, 2 evening talks at St Stephen's. While all are welcome, these talks are focused on those who are (or desire to be) in positions of facilitating/coordinating some evangelistic or apostolic work. The focus of this evening will be on how to become better leaders and formers of disciples of Jesus. The evening will consist of a talk on Missionary Discipleship and another on Mary as the Model Disciple.
- Following this event, Dr. Sri will conduct a private session with our FOCUS missionaries and students from St Stephepn's UAB/Samford/BSC Campus ministries.
- Thursday Morning, 4/15/21, Dr. Sri will speak to DRE's, Catechists, Youth Ministers, and any other parish staff or volunteers from around the Diocese who are engaged in formation or catechetical ministry. There will be a presentation and a time for Q&A. Limited in-person seating available at the Diocesan Chancery.
- Following the morning session, Dr. Sri will have a private meeting with FOCUS Missionaries, Campus Ministry staff, and students at the University of Alabama/St Francis University Parish.
- Thursday Evening, 4/15/21, Dr. Sri will speak at the Cathedral of St. Paul's Great Hall (2nd Floor of the CLC), in a talk for the general public, on Discipleship and Transformation.
- Following the talk, Dr. Sri will host a private session with FOCUS Missionary and Student Alumni.
Questions, please contact the Office of Discipleship and Mission, firstname.lastname@example.org or 205-776-7186.